We don’t have to tell you that mergers and acquisitions can be highly disruptive and create a lot of confusion. This “confusion” creates significant problems for executives trying to achieve integration success because people crave clarity. In the case of a merger or acquisition, employees and customers alike want to know:
“What’s the story?”
- Leaders want to know the story they are to communicate to employees.
- Sales people want to know the story they are to tell customers.
- Employees want to know what it means to their job today and in the future.
To answer these and many other questions, executives must align the newly combined company’s go-to-market strategy and the messages shared with employees and customers throughout the integration process.
That’s why marketing, HR and C-suite executives are placing corporate messaging, organizational change and internal communications at the top of their priority lists.
With the right strategic communications partner, you can…
- Translate the financial and strategic rationale behind the transaction into a new corporate message that is meaningful and relevant to both employees and customers.
- Infuse that corporate message into the newly combined company and culture through disciplined organizational change initiatives.
- Design and implement a blend of formal training, education and internal communications programs that connect with employees on a cognitive and emotional level.
At OnMessage, we offer fully integrated messaging development and organizational change services that are specifically designed for companies executing mergers or acquisitions. We also have the expert resources and disciplined methodologies required to ensure “communication” is clear, compelling and consistent throughout the integration process.
Watch this video to see why strategic messaging, organizational change and internal communications is critical to M&A integration success.
If you are interested in learning more about our M&A integration services, please request a briefing today.