In the chaotic business world we operate in today…
Organizational clarity and alignment don’t happen by chance.
Executive teams that run high-performing organizations realize this.
They acknowledge the critical role clarity and alignment play in business performance.
They understand for the company’s strategy and story to drive optimal business performance, it must be institutionalized.
To make this happen, smart C‑suite executives are realigning their entire organization around a clearly defined and documented corporate strategy and story. And (most importantly) they are infusing that strategy and story into the fabric of their organization and customer experience.
Is your organization lacking clarity and alignment? Well, just answer these questions:
- Has your vision for the business evolved?
- Has your go-to-market strategy and model changed?
- Have you launched several new products or services in recent years?
- Do you have new leaders and managers in place across the company?
- Has your sales organization grown in size or experienced turnover?
- Have you recently completed a merger or acquisition?
- Have you made significant changes in your leadership team?
- Are more than 30 percent of your employees new to the company in the last 3-5 years?
- Are you losing top talent because they lack connectivity to your company’s purpose?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, there is a good chance that “lack of clarity and alignment” exists within your organization.
Growth, change and time create confusion. And more importantly, can negatively impact business performance in many ways …
- Misaligned leaders
- Wasted organizational energy
- Disengaged employees
- Confused customers
- And so much more.
Perhaps the article, “When CEOs Talk Strategy, Is Anyone Listening?” in Harvard Business Review said it best…
“Just imagine, if your vision is unclear … your employees don’t know what they are striving toward and operating on false assumptions, your team will move slowly and defensively rather than swiftly and proactively. Worst of all, they might be off and running, applying valuable energy in the wrong direction.”
A clear and comprehensive understanding of the company’s strategy and story aligns the organization, increasing business performance. It serves as the connective tissue that holds the ship together and keeps it running at optimal levels.
Is lack of clarity and alignment negatively impacting your business?
Is it causing leaders, employees and partners to underperform?
If so, it’s time to fix it.