Today’s business environment is more complex than ever. To be truly successful, your corporate story must be delivered consistently throughout the entire customer experience from social media to sales presentations, industry events and customer service phone calls…even casual conversations in the hallway.
Every interaction is an opportunity to strengthen your market position or lose market share. And every customer-facing voice and touchpoint must deliver your message in a consistent and compelling manner.
The bottom line is this …
Executives have to get their corporate story straight … if they want to positively impact the customer experience and bottom-line.
The development and activation of consistent messaging across all channels helps establish the value of your product/services in the marketplace and reinforces the position you want to own in the mind of your target audience. When executed properly, consistent messaging turns every connection into a building block for a cohesive and compelling customer experience.
Is your corporate story being delivered in a consistent manner in the self-service, sales and post-purchase phases of the customer experience? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do we describe who we are, what we do and the value we deliver consistently?
- Have we formally documented an “approved corporate story” that everyone has embraced and now serves as the platform for consistent communication?
- Have we provided any education or training to our employees in regard to our corporate messaging? Do our employees understand our key points of difference and the value we deliver?
- How consistent is our story told throughout our core marketing communications vehicles website, brochures, proposals, presentations, videos, social media profiles, etc.?
- Are the messages used in our demand-generation programs aligned with day-to-day conversations, sales tools and marketing materials?
- Do sales, customer service, and support conversations reinforce key messages that align with our story?
Consistency exponentially increases the power of your messaging. When consistent messages are infused into your company, culture and customers, it elicits optimal engagement across all communication channels and enables you to achieve the highest return on every connection you make.