Research by CSO Insights demonstrates that there is a direct correlation between the quality of the messages sales reps use in their selling process and their ability to close business. Bridging this gap is paramount to delivering a consistent and compelling customer journey.
With as much as 60 to 80 percent of the buying process occurring before a prospective customer ever speaks with a sales representative, consistent messaging in the online-to-offline transition is more important than ever before. In fact, according to ES Research Group, one of the biggest problems companies face in the sales process is that the majority of salespeople are left to develop their own messaging. Research conducted by CSO Insights found that salespeople spend as much as 50 percent of their time developing sales messages, sales tools and other non-selling related activities.
To ignite sales results and accelerate business growth, companies must employ a sales enablement methodology that weaves strategic corporate messages into the sales process and situational selling conversations. This methodology includes five phases:
- Develop a Corporate Messaging Platform that includes core messages that can be used as building blocks for consistent customer conversations
- Implement a sales behavioral analysis process designed to gain complete line-of-sight into your sales process, so as to surface the most effective tactics used to engage your key customers
- Create customer conversation maps that link specific messages and sales tools to persona profiles for individuals involved in the buying process, enabling sales reps to deliver the most compelling messages and use sales tools that are designed to meet the needs of recurring selling situations
- Design sales tools that foster maximum customer engagement and ensure messaging continuity throughout the sales experience
- Train the sales team so they can utilize the right tools at the right time and are able to conduct the most compelling customer conversations
Companies that develop a powerful Corporate Messaging Platform are in the best possible position to compete in today’s challenging market. Companies that arm sales teams and employees with access to clear, compelling messaging and sales tools become market leaders.
Watch this video to learn how you can establish brand message continuity throughout the buyer journey and convert more sales.